If the constant snacking is getting you down and you can’t seem to curb hunger pangs with ease, Skinny Sprinkles may be just the thing to add to your weight loss tool kit.
We all want that sexy, toned body that we can shamelessly flaunt down at the beach. It’s just that sometimes (OK maybe be a lot of times) it’s really hard to resist the temptation of a bag of cheesy Doritos or an over indulgent slab of chocolate cake.
For some people, typical appetite suppressing tricks like drinking water or attempting to eat small meals throughout the day just doesn’t work. And that’s where a good appetite suppressant can become one of your greatest allies in the fight against the flab. So, does Skinny Sprinkles or Sprinkles as I like to call them, fall into the good supplement category? Let’s go find out.
What Are Skinny Sprinkles?
For the uninitiated, Skinny Sprinkles is a specially concocted powdery formula which, when added to water or juice, transforms into a thickened weight loss drink. Now don’t be thinking this is just another meal replacement solution. It’s not that at all.
That said, if you’re feeling peckish in between meals you could mix up a batch of the formula and drink it. Sure beats munching on something that will add another 10lbs to your body.
For the most part though, these Sprinkles are designed to reduce the desire to overeat at mealtimes by filling you up before you’ve even taken your first bite of food. You’ll find sticking to your diet plan much easier if you’re not hungry all the time.
What’s the Deal With the Girlie Packaging?
OK, settle down guys. I actually think the packaging of the Sprinkles is pretty cool, although I would say that – I’m a girl who likes pink!
But despite the feminine branding, the makers of Skinny Sprinkles reassure us that guys can also take this supplement and experience the same weight loss benefits.
What’s the ‘Secret’ Ingredient?
There are a range of weight loss supporting ingredients which add to the effectiveness of SS. But it’s one key ingredient which really makes this product kick A and that’s called Glucomannan (aka Konjac):
Glucomannan is a fiber rich sugar based ingredient which creates a gel like substance in your stomach, resulting in a feeling of fullness. Not just that, the substance actually slows down the rate at which food leaves your stomach – which means you feel fuller for longer.
Glucomannan is a big deal when it comes to weight loss as it can absorb up to 200 times its water mass. Imagine how full you’d feel with all of that swimming around in your belly?
Plus there are several clinical trials which support the belief that this stuff is effective at reducing appetite and helping with weight loss. To top that off, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), acknowledge that when Glucomannan is taken in daily doses of 4g, it acts as powerful appetite suppressant.
How Do You Take Skinny Sprinkles?
There’s really two ways you can use this product to manage your appetite. As I mentioned above you can take it as a snack replacement – instead of cheesecake, fill your boots with a glass of this weight loss formula.
The other effective way is to drink the formula 15 to 30 minutes before your main meal. Be sure to drink plenty of water with this product so that you’re pushing the substance all the way down into your stomach.
The folks who make the Sprinkles suggest taking a daily amount of three sachets a day (4.5g of Glucomannan) for maximum effect on appetite suppression. This more than meets the recommendations of the EFSA as mentioned above.
- You can’t ignore the incredible amount of fiber in this product, as it’s a well know fact that fiber plays a huge role in making us feel fuller for longer. If we feel full there’s no desire to eat, or overeat in most cases. This means you take in fewer calories and your body begins to lose some real weight.
- Skinny Sprinkles are gluten free and suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. That takes away a lot of anxiety for many dieters who often struggle to find products they can consume safely.
- If you’re vegan or a vegetarian, this product is suitable for you too. Sprinkles is even listed as a registered product with the Vegan Society so you know you’re safe to take it.
- Another big plus point about this supplement is that it openly supports and encourages people to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Aren’t you just sick of all those products that gloss over this huge part of the weight loss equation? I know I am. So these Sprinkles get a massive brownie point for keeping things real.
The Not So Good
- Yikes this stuff is awfully gloopy! I personally find it hard to consume really thick drinks and I suspect there may be people out there who feel the same way. But I guess this is a moot point if you don’t have difficulties with swallowing because it’s precisely this ‘gloopiness’ that gets the job done. I think you’d need to decide whether it’s worth putting up with the gloop in order to reap the benefits of losing weight.
- Some Sprinkles reviewers have said it doesn’t taste all that great. It’s supposed to be strawberry flavored but you know supplements never really taste as they are supposed to. Anyway, as with the point above, you need to decide whether that’s going to be a deal breaker or not. You can always pinch your nose, close your eyes and swallow as you think of achieving that hot little beach body.
- Be careful if you have any problems with the stomach or gut. The Glucomannan can be an irritant to sensitive tums. But hey, I’m no doctor so my advice is to consult one – check that you’ll be fine to take this beforehand.
Verdict on Skinny Sprinkles
If you belong to the ‘eyes too big for your belly’ club then chances are you’re going to love Skinny Sprinkles. This thick, gloopy drink which is taken before a meal is just the thing you need to stop you from reaching for that second helping.
In this respect, Sprinkles are a great way to to boost the effectiveness of your overall weight loss plan – you’ll be cutting your calorie intake right down because your appetite to snack or overeat just isn’t there any more.
With this product I don’t even think it’s a case of whether or not it works. We already know from strong clinical evidence that the main ingredient, Glucomannan, is effective in helping to curb hunger. The key to losing weight with Skinny Sprinkles then comes down to consistency. You have to put the effort in to sticking with the program; taking the Sprinkles exactly as directed otherwise you many not reap the benefits.
If you can’t promise to take the Sprinkles as directed, then my advice would be to move on to a different weight loss product.
For those interested in giving Skinny Sprinkles a whirl, I strongly recommend you go straight to their official site. There are some affordable purchase options to choose from, including a trial pack.