We’ve all heard that water and weight loss go hand in hand, yet how many of you actually drink the stuff?
If you’re seriously looking to lose weight, then you need to introduce a little more water into your life. Learn to love it. Make it your number one beverage and you will see results much faster. Are you ready to give it a go?
As far as recommendations go for water intake, the typical person should aim to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water per day. If you want to ramp up your weight loss efforts then drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day will certainly get you to your destination much quicker. If you’re not a natural water drinker, you’re probably wondering just how you’ll be able to down that much water when you’re not used to drinking it. Well it’s actually much easier than you think to get started.
Here are a few tips on how to make water drinking effortless.
- Keep a water glass on the kitchen counter. Make this a special glass that’s one of your favorites. Fill it up each time you walk into the kitchen.
- Drink a glass of water before meals. This will help to make you feel full and get more water in your body.
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go. If you have water with you, you’ll be more likely to drink it.
- At restaurants, skip the soda and stick to water. It’s better for you and it’s almost always free.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up each morning. It will help to hydrate you and give you a pick-me-up.
- Add lemon to water. Sometimes the taste of water keeps people from enjoying its health benefits. Adding a squirt of lemon or lime juice can help to perk up the flavor.
- Drink water cold. While some people enjoy room temperature water, many people find it more palatable when it’s cold.
Water is important! Why? Because that’s precisely what your body is made up of. Well at least 70% of it anyway. Every cell in your body needs water in order to carry out its normal processes. And you need water to help you dissolve all those vital vitamins and minerals.
Not only that, but water plays a massive role in regulating your blood pressure, your body temperature and generally in keeping things running nice and smoothly.
Also consider this, when you don’t give your body enough water guess what happens? It holds onto it. So in actual fact you end up looking bigger than you actually are because you are carrying extra water weight. When you nourish your body with plenty of water, you’re less likely to suffer from water retention.
Don‘t forget, your body also gets rid of fat through sweat and urination. If you’re not drinking enough of the clear stuff, you’re not giving that fat an easy exit route.
Water and weight loss have a pretty unique relationship and as with all relationships, it takes effort to make them work. But by increasing your water intake, you’ll lose weight faster and you’ll eventually start to feel better for it too. If you need a little extra motivation for drinking more water then check out Your Body’s Many Cries for Water by Fereydoon Batmanghelidj, it’s packed with lots of healthy facts about water.